Goodwinds manufactures high quality, small diameter composite rods through a method we call Micro Pultrusion.
Micro Pultruded rods are made from fiber tow drawn through a resin bath and a series of dies and then cured as it’s pulled.
We manufacture and sell Micro Pultruded carbon in 48″ pieces on our Solid Round Carbon Rods page as well as produce custom sizes.
Micro Pultruded rods are:
- Between .019″ and .125″ in diameter
- Made with a Fiber Volume Fraction (FvF) of 65% – 70%
- Have a low tooling cost for custom orders
- Have low minimum orders
- Have a quick turnaround time
- Can be coiled continuously or cut to spec