Goodwinds Composites manufactures high quality, small diameter carbon rods through a method we call micro pultrusion.
Micro pultruded rods are made from carbon fiber tow drawn through a resin bath and a series of dies and ovens to create a continuous rod of a specified diameter
We manufacture and sell micro pultruded carbon in 48″ pieces on our Solid Round Carbon Rods page as well as produce custom sizes and continuous lengths rolled on a reel.
Micro pultruded carbon rods are:
- Between .019″ and .125″ in diameter
- Made with a Fiber Volume Fraction (FvF) of 65% – 70%
- Have a low tooling cost for custom orders
- Have low minimum orders
- Have a quick turnaround time
- Can be coiled continuously or cut to spec